Job Description Title: Sales AssociateReports To: Sales Director
Purpose and Scope The Sales Associate will be responsible for servicing customers by selling products; meeting customer needs.
- Service existing accounts, perform product sampling sessions, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of buyers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing relevant publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Customer Service oriented
- Self Confident and Motivated
- Computer literate with proficiencies in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to present well
- Good writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Bilingual a plus
Skills and Knowledge Required: